August 12, 2013, New York, NY
The showroom of the luxury furniture and interiors brand Dorya moves to calm and cool moods with light and soothing color palettes of versatile cream and grey upholstery mingled with soft metallic leather detailing on sofas – a perfect complement to the richness and warmth of the solid mahogany wood furnishings. The overall feeling is both elegantly relaxed yet chic. A calm and seamless balance not only stimulating upon entry, but pulls you into the next room with eye elevations on extraordinary cases.
"The luxurious sophistication of cream and grey is timeless, a fact that has never been lost on fashion," explained Megan Perry, Creative Director, and force behind Dorya’s color choices this season. "I wanted to bring this same aesthetic into play within the showroom. The cool chic of neutrals and soft metallics meld beautifully against the warm mahogany hues as the showroom features both our new and most sought out pieces, it allows the confident designer the opportunity to explore and personalize possibilities with finish, hardware, scale, and fresh fabric selections.”
While Dorya expands its already refined assortment of fabrics this fall with the latest global picks on display, emphasis for Fall 2013 is on Dorya's Contemporain collection, which focuses on grace and simplicity and offers a line of products where luxurious style meets the glamour of modernism. Contemporain pieces exhibit clean lines while still incorporating designs and details from all different eras. The vibrant exchange includes:
• The new transitional yet modern Hurrem Sofa showcases classic cream upholstery, a vertical pleated back, embellished with six sleek pillows, and a pair of two-toned decorative pillows with leather welt trim.
• The stylish new Carlo Sofa displays crisp, clean lines wrapped in a soft grey fabric, set with silk pillows and stainless steel nail trim. Perry explains, “Grey is one of the most coveted trends and acts as a neutral, allowing you to easily work in almost any color or texture, such as a sophisticated case piece in a navy finish or a dramatic print.”
• Recognizing the appeal of timeless designs is the Pera Chair suited in grey and cream stripe and accentuated with stainless nail trim.
• The satin black with pearl accents Amarosa Dining Table showcases a top in Italian synthetic basket weave leather with monogram (optional), and tempered glass scoring the richness of Dorya’s custom options.
• Seated at the table includes the Marlo Dining Sofa wrapped in tufted metallic leather with accent pillows, and the Prima Chair with clean lines underscored by its stainless steel nail trim and continuous arms that wrap around the back.
• Enjoy the conversation with the beautiful Naxos Table and Ottoman. The beautifully tufted synthetic Italian leather ottoman shares the spotlight with a striking and functional stainless steel table with hidden castors and fume glass top
• The new Calypso Mirrors are taken from our popular Calypso Sideboard doors, and is available in standard, bronze or fume. Conventional craftsmanship is still the fundamental feature in the production process.
Exquisite and eye-catching, each Dorya piece is elegantly hand crafted with exceptional materials.
More about Dorya: A global luxury furniture and interiors brand, Dorya creates exquisitely handcrafted furniture and interior elements, with the philosophy that the pursuit of style is a way of life. All pieces are 100% handmade and can be ordered, which offers customers the option of customizing their pieces. Its three furniture collections are Heritage, Contemporain, and Executive. The Dorya brand is firmly rooted in the tradition of the finest wood craftsmanship, luxurious materials, and attention to detail. To learn more about Dorya visit www.doryainteriors.com